Our examples of this industry are Golf Clubs, Health and Fitness Centres and Hotels, however, the reality is we are able to converse on all businesses within the industry from Casinos to Outdoor Play Centres.

The covers required for any business within their industry will normally differ in every event, however, the following cover types are an appropriate starting place for most policies:

  • Employers’ Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Property Owners’ Liability
  • Buildings – including all relevant professional fees etc. e.g. Architects and Surveyors
  • Business Interruption – indemnity period for this section will generally range between 12 and 36 months
  • Contents
  • Guests’ Effects
  • Stock – broken down if appropriate e.g. alcohol and frozen food
  • Loss of Licence
  • Goods in Transit
  • Commercial Legal Expenses
  • Money
  • Fidelity
  • Assault
  • Directors and Officers
  • Plant and Machinery – Insurance and Inspection

Beyond this, we then build covers in depending on your business requirements; take Golf Clubs as an example:

Additional sector specific cover types:

  • Property Damage (grounds, surfaces and vehicles)
  • Theft – All Risks Basis (evidence of forcible entry not required other than for unattended vehicles)
  • Equipment Breakdown including irrigation, electrics and computers – some equipment in private dwellings excluded
  • Cover for cancelled club competitions in any one period of insurance (generally this will exclude society championships)
  • Business Interruption cover following a property damage claim (including loss of income) including archaeological digs
  • Liability insurance – including member-to-member, visiting golfer, golf society, staff personal liability and corporate manslaughter defence costs
  • Costs for course alteration as a result of legislation or a local authority requirement (as long as the dispute has not commenced before cover is in place)
  • Motor Liability insurance for all self-propelled vehicles registered for road use